There is no accommodation on Tianmen Mountain Scenic Area, so it will be highly recommended you finish your tour there in one day. There is a “Cherry Bay Restaurant” near Tianmenshan Temple, which offers snacks and fast food.
Near the Tianmenshan cableway station, there is a bus to the “Canyon Grand Theater”, where you can watch live performances, the magical musical “Tianmen Fox Fairy”, which is played around 20:00 o’clock every night (there are performances only from the end of March to December).
- Tianmen Mountain is about 1,500 meters above sea level. The temperature difference between the top of the mountain and the bottom of the mountain is relatively large. It is best to prepare a coat for cold protection.
- Tianmen Mountain will get dark much earlier than the urban area. It is recommended that you can go down the mountain at around 17:00 at the latest.
- The hundreds of steps in front of Tianmen Cave are very tiring and you must be psychologically prepared.
- According to many tourists, the diet in the mountains is not very good, you can bring your own dry food.
- Due to seasonality, weather and other reasons, the opening and operation time of various facilities in the scenic spot will be adjusted accordingly. There is currently no fixed timetable. Visitors will be subject to the field consultation on the day.
- For walking on the glass path, the shoe cover needs to be purchased.
There are so many people travelling in Tianmen Mountain every day, and most of them think that going up the mountain from the ladder and the escalator is much funnier. At the top of the mountain, it is recommended to start from the east line so that you won’t go back. After wandering around the top, just go to the ropeway and take the cableway down the mountain.